How to get from Narita Airport to Ikebukuro Station
- Train Or Bus
- Number of transfers
- Required time
- Can JR TOKYO Wide PASS be used?
- How often?
And other tips for deciding how to access.
I’m glad to be your help.
Summarized in a table
* Prices and travel times are as of January 2020.
* Check the status from the link
* For smartphones, try turning the screen sideways
0.How to get from Narita Airport to Ikebukuro Station
|transfer||Required time(T2)||fee||Reserved seat||JR TOKYO Wide PASS||frequency|
|Train||Keiseiline||1.Skyliner+JR(JY)★||1||54min||2,675JPY||○(Skyliner)||×||Once every 20 minutes|
|Train||Keiseiline||2.Access Express(To Ueno)+JR(JY)||1||90min||1,210JPY||×||×||？|
|Train||Keiseiline||3.Rapid Limited Express・Limited Express+JR(JY)||1||90min||1,210JPY||×||×||Once every 20 minutes|
|Train||JR||4.Narita Express||0||89min||3,248JPY||○||○||10 per day|
|Train||JR||5.Narita Express+JR(JY)orTokyometro(M)||1||80-90min||3,271JPY||○(Narita Express)||○(except M)||27 per day|
|Bus||Airport Limousine||6.To Ikebukuro, Mejiro, Kudan, Korakuen||0||60-120min||3,200JPY||○||×||Once every 30 minutes|
|Bus||TYO+NRT||7.To Tokyo,Ginza station+JR Yamanote Line★||1||85-95min||1,200JPY||○||×||Once every 20 minutes|
I will explain how to travel from Narita Airport to Ikebukuro Station(￣m￣*）
The best way to get from Narita Airport to Ikebukuro Station is by Skyliner + Yamanote Line (JY).
- There are staff who are used to foreigners
- Skyliner is a reserved seat, so you can sit securely
- Easy to understand transfer at Nippori Station
- On the Yamanote Line, there is a current location display in English, Chinese, and Korean near the entrance
▼Share with photos
The Yamanote Line (JY) comes every 5 minutes, so you don’t have to worry about time.
2.Access Express(To Ueno)+JR(JY)
3.Rapid Limited Express・Limited Express+JR(JY)
- Low price
- Because it is not a seat reservation, you may not be able to sit
- Since Narita Airport is the first departure, it is also a fact that it is relatively easy to sit
- Getting off is not foreign friendly
- If you want cheapness, we recommend the “TYK-NRT bus”.
You can also get to Ikebukuro Station by Keisei Line local trains.
On the Keisei Line, however, the transfer is complicated, so even those who understand Japanese are lost.
When traveling from Narita Airport to Ikebukuro Station, you do not need to ride.
▼From Narita Airport To JR Ikebukuro Station【by Keisei Access Express】with photos
If you take the JR East Narita Express, you can go to Ikebukuro without having to change trains.
However, there are only about 10 direct trains a day to Ikebukuro Station.
There are only 27 trains a day to reach Tokyo Station (about 20 minutes without transfer to Ikebukuro).
Moreover, it is expensive.
So I don’t recommend it.
- Have the JR Wide Tokyo Pass (you can ride NEX at no extra charge)
- I do not mind even if it takes some time
- I want to move to a reserved seat
- There is a train that is just right for arriving at Narita Airport
Would be better for you.
▼【Offcial】JR Wide Tokyo Pass
6.Airport Limousine Bus
It’s a limousine bus, but it’s a regular four-row bus
- This will take some time
- It is expensive
I do not recommend it for the reason.
Not on the train, straight to the hotel! Direct bus terminal! There is goodness.
- Those who do not want to walk too much
- Overnight at Hotel Metropolitan
- Stay at Sunshashin Prince Hotel
- Take a bus from Ikebukuro Sunshine Bus Terminal
For those who prioritize low praice, we recommend the called 1,000 yen bus “TYO-NRT” bus.